Thursday, September 22, 2011
Warm Red Beans And Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Rice Salad Recipe Ingredients
* For the salad: shopping list
* 1 can red beans (your choice), rinsed and well drained shopping list
* 4 ripe red tomatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
* 1 cup cooked wild rice shopping list
* 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables, cooked shopping list
* 2 cups fresh greens (your choice) shopping list
* For the warm vinaigrette: shopping list
* 8 Tbsp extra virgin spanish olive oil shopping list
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
* 2 tsp white wine vinegar shopping list
* 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
* 1 cup crumbled feta, or any goat cheese of your choice for garnish
RICE SALAD RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
* In a big bowl mix all the salad ingredients. Set aside.
* In a small pan heat the oil on low heat, add garlic and let it cook until lightly golden. Turn the heat off and let it warm.
* Carefully add vinegar and soy sauce to the pan. Mix well.
* Warm the salad ingredients in the microwave for 2 minutes. Mix well.
* Pour the warm (reheat if necessary) vinaigrette over the warmed salad and toss.
* Season with salt and pepper.
* Crumble the Feta cheese on top and serve immediately while warm.